1865

Dear MA and Pa,
          I fought in an important battle today. Maybe the most important. We attacked and destroyed the rebel's capital and pushed them out. They had far fewer men than us but still refused to surrender. We fought them for the last time by sailor's creekand forced them to surrender. We captured the rest of their army. General Grant and General Lee met at an old farmhouse to discuss the surrender terms. President Lincoln came all the way down to see it. The rebel's are to be our countrymen again. They aren't to be punished. All they have to do is promise not to fight anymore. I'm so glad this war is finally over. I've been allowed to come home. In fact I write this as I'm on my way. See you sortly!

Love,
       Herman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1865 Blog:

1864 blog