Ma dear Rebecca,

Ma dear Rebecca,

i had just got enlisted in da Union army as a private, and i had alredy missed yall.  i am sorry for da short leta and Rebecca please take care of ma 3 sons. i must do dis for ma contry becas slavery is rong, and that da army needs a folk like me around. i believe in da new pres abe lincon that we need to keep da Negros in da South. Make sure you also wach my brother James because i hav been workin on the farm with him. Our tiny town Middleton, Ohio needs all da protection we could get, and even though war is bad, ma good characta will not stop me from portecting da land of da free. da whites in our contry must stop da negros from comin to da north and wach dose fiesty hogs in da farm for me Rebecca. i can not wait for dat delicisus corned beef you would always make. I wish to make my coporal Thomas Norton prod.
With all ma love,

Robert Hansen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1865 Blog:

1865 blog

1864 blog