1863 Blog

Dear Rebecca,

I over herd that o' Lincoln sining a document called da Emancipashon of Proclamashon, declarin all slaves free in rebellius states, which wont help becus da South ain't gonna get rid of all da slaves they hav. They began ta start da movment of stoping da evil slavery in the United States. I hope our president can figur it out soon. Ain't njo one want this.

I went to da battel at Chancellorville and da general Robert battl our general Joseph for four days. Oh how borin that was! lee may hav won, but his right hand man Jackson got shot by his own men, what a buffoon! Lee made his dumbest win, and now he has ta win without da smart Jackson.

On Octoba 3, 1863, the Abraham lincon issued Thanksgiving for us tired soldas. It help us counts all our blessins of da past yeer, and reminds us da tradition with da Pilgrims from 250 yeers ago. It givs me joy that our president cares that we hav a family to be thankful for, and that givs me the courag to fight fo ma contry, and for you ma dear.

On Novemba 23, ma general george Thomas beat da otha general Braxton at Chattanoga, Tennessee, and we stromed inta Missionary Ridge. We didn't hav orders from our main gen Ulyses, but now we take contral of a main city of da South. from dis city, we can mov to Gerogia and Alabama ta try and split da South.

I have been home in more dan 3 yeers, and I miss ya alot. I wish I can stay home with you, my brotha, ma 3 adorable kids, but I must stick to duty to stop da corrupt South.

With all ma lov,
Robert Hansen.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1865 Blog:

1865 blog

1864 blog