1862 Blog


            Dear ma and pa,

Today our commander in chief was fired. Commander McClellan was fired from his position as commander in chief for poor strategy and insubordination in the battle of Antietam. I fought under him in the battle and i have to agree with Mr. Lincoln's decision. Mr. McClellan's attack strategies almost got me killed many times, but our armies still prevailed and pushed the rebels out of our land. We could have ended the war and pushed to Richmond but McClellan refused to move our troops. Mr. Lincoln even came all the way out (I got to see him) here to tell McClellan to finish the rebels off. McClellan told the president outright that he wouldn't do it. Mr. Lincoln left looking pretty upset. I don't blame him. McClellan has made this war go on far longer than it has too and it's costing many men their lives. I do hope this ends soon. I miss the farm. I miss the twins. This war is ugly. Men are torn by bullets all round me. I want to come home.

       Love,
              Herman


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1865 Blog:

1865 blog

1864 blog